Where are you?
We are exceptionally lucky to have gorgeous offices and a design studio right in the centre of Cheltenham. You’ll find us at:
13 Royal Crescent, Cheltenham, GL503DA
Can I see a proof of my personalised design?
With the exception of our playlist prints, all of our personalised prints have a proofing stage. This is your opportunity to check your spelling and the layout we have suggested. Please take your time and read everything thoroughly, at least twice! We don’t charge you for a reasonable amount of changes, but if we end up having to completely redesign the item, we’ll advise you if we can’t do that within the original price.
Can I get a duplicate print?
Of course! A straight duplicate print involves no additional artwork, so we’re happy to do that for you at a reduced price. Just ask.
I love my print, but I’ve made a mistake! Can I get a reprint?
Yes, this can happen sometimes as our very clever brains see what they think they should see and not what is actually there. We keep all our old artwork files for at least a year in the archive and we can make minor changes and issue a reprint for much less than the cost of a whole new print. Send the lovely Ellie a quick email on email@example.com
I’ve ordered an unframed print, do I have to get it framed?
At some point, yes. The print is not a poster, but is a fine art Giclee style print. The surface of your print is susceptible to damage and scratches and the edges of the print will curl if displayed like a poster.
Our A2 and A3 prints are printed on cut sheet A2 or A3 paper. The A2 size print is printed on a sheet of A2 paper, but with the white border around, it is slightly smaller. Stores such as Habitat and Ikea stock frames which are big enough to hold your print, but you will need to visit your local framer and ask him to cut a mountboard for you to marry the frame and print together as the supplied mount will not be the right size!
Our thin destination print is a bespoke size to us and you will either need to get a frame from us (some slight seconds frames are occasionally available) or order your own bespoke frame.
I need my things quickly, can you help?
Well we can try! We don’t want to rush the artwork stage, but if you need something for a specific date, be sure and let us know so that we can try and achieve that for you. A few items already have express next day delivery as an option.
Do you do vouchers?
Yes we do! We have vouchers for specific products, so if you love the Destination prints, but just don’t know what your friends would like on their journey, the voucher would be just the thing. We just need to know who it is for, and who it is from, and you can order it in exactly the same way as a standard print. Just put an * in any field that requires personalised text.
All of our prints are designed and made to last a lifetime.
The combination of professional papers and inks and stringent graphic workflow ensure lightfast ratings for our media of typically over 150 years. We typically use Hahnemühle and Epson Professional papers depending on the finish required. We use the latest professional large format printer available using 11 colour Ultra-Chrome HDR Inks.
Prints are printed with a substantial white border around them. This allows for easier and cleaner handling when unwrapping and when framing, which we highly recommend to preserve the quality of your print.
Please note that my prints are not posters. They are professional grade fine art giclee prints that will damage and mark if not handled correctly for which I cannot be responsible.
We source all of our frames from two local framing experts, one in Cheltenham and the other in Oxford – we like to keep our road miles down! Prints are either framed in house by the lovely Rachel, or by Betsy if she can bribed with a tea cake. Large or bespoke frames are made for us by the lovely Cotswold Framing Company, just down the road.
Each individual frame is custom made to our bespoke designs and sizes. Professional framing and mounting really does make the difference when displaying your prints. We are happy to do it for you, but you can of course get your local framer to do it for you. Support local businesses!
Betsy Benn canvas prints are created using a high quality cotton artist canvas and printed using the latest Canon large format printer that we loving refer to as Big Bird. The 12 colour technology gives a deep natural authentic feel to the canvas.
Each canvas is individually printed and allowed to dry naturally for over 24hrs before the canvas is hand finished with a proprietary canvas varnish developed to protect, preserve and enhance fine art canvas prints.
This enhances the colour and increases resistance to image fading. Additionally, it will protect your canvas against moisture and abrasion.
Your canvas is then stretched and mounted on to a hard board base rather than flimsy stretcher bars. This will protect your canvas from sagging over the years as well as damage from any probing fingers. The reverse side is hand finished with framing tape and one central hanging hook.
As cotton is a natural product, there will occasionally be some variation in the weave with natural bumps and nobbles. This enhances the authentic feel of the product and is not considered a flaw. All our canvases and painstakingly quality controlled before shipping.
Our mugs are made for us in the home of the Potteries, and my old university stomping ground, Stoke on Trent.
We run a business and have to use energy. We tried getting Willow dog to run on a treadmill to power the lights, but she kept disappearing to go and bury bones.
There are however a number of actions that I have taken to minimise my impact on the environment.
We own a hybrid car which reduces our carbon emissions.
We try to use local professionals for our services to minimise travel and support the local economy. We have never yet sourced anything from outside the UK! We like our suppliers to have a good green policy too and tend to nag them a bit if they don’t.
We courier our framed prints in custom-made, recyclable double wall cardboard boxes to minimise damage and ensure happy customers. Canvasses are shipped in custom made bespoke wooden crates which are then returned to me for re-use.
We post unframed prints in recyclable cardboard tubes. They make excellent impromptu toy car ramps, or play swords for a quick game of pirates.
We upcycle and recycle everything we can. You might get some shredded mis-prints as part of your packaging if you’re really lucky. And Willow dog happily recycles our lunch leftovers.
Related Blog Posts
- The Brilliant Balloon Advent Calendar and Activity Kit That Goes "POP"
- The Betsy Benn Personalised Print Process of Perfection
- notonthehighstreet.com Cyber Monday 10% Off Tonight Only
- Fab Friday Discount - Christmas Cards One Day Sale
- Fab Friday Super Discount at Betsy Benn
- Our Personalised Christmas Wooden Tag Decorations are Flying!
- Betsy Benn Now Accepting Amazon Payments
- Telegraph Competition Time - Win a Betsy Benn Print
- Fab Friday Super Discount
- Betsy Benn's November Press Coverage
- Discount Code Time - Paypal is Practically Perfect (except it wasn't this weekend!)
- A Spin on the Traditional Christmas Wreath (see what we did there?)
- Our Directorial Debut!
- "Story of Us" Print - Half price offer. Perfect for Christmas!
- It's Friday - It's Five O'Clock - It's Discount Code Time
- Tick Tock - Time's Running Out - Betsy Benn Flash Sale
- Betsy Benn Flash Sale - 35% Off Everything
- All Sugarpaste and Sprinkles
- This looks like brilliant fun
- Gloucestershire Women in Business Awards Finalist Betsy Benn Designs
- 'My Mum is Marvellous' Card
- 'My Mother Is Marvellous' Card
- Musicality Vinyl Design Mug
- Typographic Being a Fantastic "Mam" or "Mom" Card by
- Valentine's Dictionary Definition Card by
- Personalised Destination Bus Blind Print by
- Classic Personalised Destination Bus Blind Print
- Christmas Tree Wall Hanging
- Small Business Saturday: meet Betsy Benn | notonthehighstreet blog
- Surprise them with something unexpected
- Christmas gift guide: For foodies
- Quintesentially Tea Mug
- A gift for the gift giver!
- The brilliance that is the My Million To One campaign
- Emma's Internship
- Rachel Reviews... Graze.com
- Meet our newest team member - Melissa!
- Make, Do and And Meet with NotOnTheHighStreet.com
- A Truly Red Nose
- The totally delicious Bodie and Fou
- Spring has Sprung at Betsy Benn
- What a lovely recipe from Sheerluxe.com
- As seen on TV 2 - Betsy Benn's Personalised Quote Print
- News at 10!
- A little Friday sign off gem!
- New Web Site and New Hosting
- As Seen On TV!!
- Betsy Benn